Congratulations on your listing in Best Lawyers®. The guidelines below provide you with the tools
you need to publicly showcase your honors.
- You are permitted to mention in advertisements that you are recognized by Best Lawyers® or in
The Best Lawyers in America©, but not that you are a “best lawyer” or to suggest that a listing in
Best Lawyers guarantees a desired result.
- Do not include any language the viewer may misconstrue as the listed lawyer being more skilled than lawyers who are not listed in the publication.
- Best Lawyers is always plural.
- The Best Lawyers methodology is annual, national/regional, and practice area based. All compliant
announcements contain the year, country, and awarded practice area. The only exception to this rule is a firm-wide announcement,
which should contain the year, country, and total number of lawyers included in the associated edition.
- When referring to Best Lawyers as an organization, use Best Lawyers®.
- The registered trademark and copyright symbol should be included in the first mention of Best Lawyers or
The Best Lawyers in America. All following mentions of The Best Lawyers in America
in the same document must be italicized, but do not need to include the copyright symbol.
- When publicizing Best Lawyers awards online, a hyperlink to your Best Lawyers profile or www.bestlawyers.com is required.
- When publicizing Best Lawyers awards using a group photo from the firm, the specific lawyers listed in Best Lawyers
must be identified by name in a caption.
- It is not permissible to alter or modify the Best Lawyers logo in any way.
- Advertisers should check their state or jurisdictional bar associations’ rules on specialty certification before including specialties and
subspecialties in any advertisement.
- Use of the registered trademark and copyright symbol are only required for firms in the United States.
Example Announcement Formats
- When referring to Best Lawyers as a list or publication use The Best Lawyers in America©.
For all other countries, use The Best Lawyers™ in [CountryName]. Be sure to include the year or edition number.